skip to main |
skip to sidebar
The Bigger Picture
Taking this picture was frustrating, as I initially felt the reflection from across the street took away from the pictures focus, however after a second glance this became a favorite as the University wall and campus is reflected. This shows the relative location of the Community of shops to the actual University of Arizona Campus. In addition bikes are in the reflection which portrays the student population within the community and the stores title "cost cutters" reveals the budget of the typical community member on University Blvd who is an average college student. From this angle the reflection of the campus becomes the focal point unveiling the main source of business for the shops on University Blvd.
I really like how at first glance, this photo appears slightly confusing and it's a little bit difficult to grasp what is going on, but after focusing on the photo, you can actually see objects in the reflection of the window. It's interesting to see the bikes in the reflection and to see the interaction between campus and its surrounding community. Also, the way the photo is framed is unique because it creates interesting lines, and also makes the window in the photo appear to continue on forever. I think this is a very interesting photo!
ReplyDelete-Kristin S.
I really enjoy this picture because i feel like i am looking at two separate pictures in one. I think that the way you can see another image in the photo is really cool and it reminds me of people who put two pictures over one another. i also like the black and white, i think it adds something to the pictures that no ones elses did.
ReplyDeleteLidia